I can do all things through Christ who strenghthens me.
Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Gassy!

What a night! I decided to head outside in the 95 degree heat and humidity tonight and water my flower gardens. Of course, I had 3 little imps following me around and helping a little while I was out there. I walked by our Propane tank a few times and kept thinking that I smelled gas. I walked over to it several times and could hear a hissing noise. I have never heard a hissing noise coming from the propane tank so I thought it was weird. My hubby was out helping a friend move , so i called him and asked "does the propane tank normally Hiss?" He said he didnt think so and to either call our Friend who works for the propane co or to call the propane co. Our friend was not home and I could not reach him by cell, so I called the Co. They told me I should evacuate the house and stand far away from the "leak" area. So trying not to panic my kids I called them up from the family room and told them what was up and that we needed to go play outside for a while. The propane man came and long story short....said i made a good call..our tank was leaking, probably out a weld or something. He first checked the regulator and he could still hear the leak so he capped the line and took our tank. He just left with it!
Thank the Lord I noticed when I did. The guy asked if we needed a tank right away and i told him I wasnt planning on needing my vermont castings stove until at least OCtober...He laughed and said well, I wont tell the office that because they wont get you a new tank until November!!
Sighhhhh.

3 comments:

L-DUB said...

Phew!!! By the title of this post I thought it was going to be about me.

EssBee said...

Praise God that you were out there and heard it!

Trish said...

Funny L-Dub....
Thanks essbee.